Student Directory FAQ
What is the Enrollment Process for families?
You do not have to join the PTA to have your student's information included in the directory. Even if you choose to not have your information included, please ensure we have your correct data in our system. We will be using this system to send out parent communications. During the review process, you will also have the opportunity to select to not have your household information included in the on-line and/or the print directory.
- Current Diamond Families: You will receive an eConfirm e-mail with a link to a pre-filled form with your information in late August/early September. All families should review household data and update your Child's Homeroom and click to submit. You will also have the opportunity to order Printed Directories and to join the Diamond PTA.
- Incoming 6th Grade Families: If you are coming from FISKE, ESTABROOK or HASTINGS, and you had elected to have your directory information sent to Diamond, you will receive an eConfirm e-mail with a link to a pre-filled form in late August/early September. All families should review household data and update your Child's Homeroom and click to submit. You will also have the opportunity to order Printed Directories and to join the Diamond PTA.
- New Students to Lexington Public Schools OR students from BOWMAN, BRIDGE or HARRINGTON: Your information is NOT in our current directory system. Please use the "New Family" link to enter in your household information. Please be sure to include your student's Home Room number. At the end of the data entry process, you will have the opportunity to order Printed Directories and to join the Diamond PTA.
Please Note: At the beginning of each year, an eConfirm message will be sent out to only the Parent designated as "Parent 1" in your household information. So please make sure that the parent who primarily handles school communications is listed as "Parent 1". All subsequent emails from the system will be sent to both parents, unless otherwise indicated by you in your Household settings in the system.
How do I update my student's homeroom information
- Log into the Student Directory with your password
- Click on “My Account” in the menu bar on the top of the screen - the option is on the right side
- Click on “My Family” in the drop down menu list
- Select the Student tab
- Under “Teacher” next to your student’s name, select your child’s homeroom number (it also has the grade so HR 241 looks like ‘241 7’)
- Then click on to Save Student
I am a paid PTA member, but I am not receiving the PTA Announcements
When you update your student's information in the directory, you have the option to "Opt-Out" of the printed directory and the on-line directory. This means, although the contact information is in the directory, no one will be able to see it. These fields are automatically checked at the start of the school year, and you need to uncheck them. In addition, for each email address there is a "Unsubscribe" check-box. If you would like to receive the PTA Announcements, and you are a paid PTA member for the current school year, make sure that box is NOT checked. And please don't forget to save!
If you are still not receiving the emails, please check your SPAM directory, and if it is not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look into it.
Who has access to the directory?
Only paid Diamond PTA members have access to the directory. Any family who has a child attending Diamond can be listed in the directory but you need to be a Diamond PTA member to view the directory.
How secure is the directory?
Your data is safe, secure and password protected. All data is stored behind a secure firewall and requires a unique user ID and password. SSL encryption ensures data cannot be captured during submission.
What if I need assistance with my account or directory information?
If you are a Diamond PTA member, you can login to your account to change your directory information. If you are not a member, then you need to contact us with any questions. If you are a member and have misplaced your login instructions you also can contact us for help.
If my information was in the directory last year, what information will stay automatically?
All information stays automatically, however every year you need to respond to the e-confirm e-mail in order for the information to be included in the printed Student Directory for that school year. Only information that has been "Confirmed" will be included in the printed directory.
How do I view the directory?
Join the Diamond PTA! As a PTA member, you will receive an email indicating that your information has been accepted and to register an account with the system. This involves creating a username and password associated with an email account on the family records previously submitted. Once submitted, the system will email the address with a link to confirm account creation. The approved records are published to the online directory system.
At this point you will be able to securely access the directory from your computer or smartphone through the link provided.
Once you set-up your account, the same email will be used while you are at Diamond. However, you must review and confirm your information every year, and each year, for security purposes, you will be sent a new temporary password to your account. If your email address changes during the year, you can update it in the system. If you have any problems with this please contact us.
Directory Website: www.myschoolanywhere.com
I have children in other Lexington Schools, how to access those directories?
There are a number of other schools that are using MSA (MySchoolAnywhere) for their on-line directory. These include Hastings, Clarke, Estabrook and LHS. If you have children in multiple schools you will be able to use the same email address as your login for each of these schools. Once you log in, all the schools associated with your email address will be listed and you can select which one to access. If you have any questions about how to do this please contact us.