Welcome to The Diamond Pta 2018-2019!
On behalf of the Diamond PTA, it is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! The PTA serves as a valuable resource for Diamond families by keeping you informed of school events and news via our daily announcements, weekly newsletters, and our website; providing grants and funding to teachers and staff for supplies and projects; supporting student clubs and intramural sports; and sponsoring social activities for both parents and students.
Please see our 2018 Welcome Newsletter for more information about the first day of school, our directory, and answers to many Frequently Asked Questions.
We also hope you can attend these upcoming PTA-sponsored events:
• August 22nd: Panel for Incoming 6th Grade and New Parents: 7:00-8:30PM in the Diamond cafeteria (parking/entrance at Sedge Rd only )
Come learn about the transition to middle school and have your questions answered by 7th and 8th grade parents. A great opportunity for those who will be new to Diamond this fall!
• August 29th: Back to School Principal Coffee for all parents: 9:00AM in the Diamond cafeteria
• September 13th: 6th Grade Pizza Social: 5:30-7:00 in the Diamond cafeteria (more details to come soon)
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Karen Griffiths, Vanessa Keeney, & Sarah Kuli
Diamond PTA co-Presidents
What does the PTA do?
a sampling of our work from last year:
- Diamond Daily Announcements emails
- Weekly PTA newsletters
- Online and printed school directory
- Morning Principal Coffees
- Evenings with the Principal
- Q&A Panel for incoming 6th grade families in August
- Q&A Panels for families of incoming 9th graders at LHS in February
- Presentation about middle school health (drug/alcohol use)
- Sponsoring showing of “Screenagers”
Teacher Grant Highlights
- Leventhal Map Center 7th grade presentation
- Myth Masters 6th grade performance
- Student magazines for science department
- Shakespeare Now 8th grade performance
- World Language Week activities supplies
- Occupational therapy supplies for grades 6-8
- MARC assembly (counseling department)
- ThinkKids teacher training (guided learning)
Staff Appreciation Events
- Lunch for staff on the first professional day
- Dinners on the Back to School Nights this fall
- Teacher Appreciation Week in May
Student Activities & School Events
- School Store
- STEAM Fair
- Book Fair
- After school clubs
- 6th Grade Pizza Night and End of Year Picnic
- 7th Grade Night at the Celtics
- 8th Grade Ice Skating Social
- Spring Parent Social
- 8th Grade Moving Up Reception
You can find newsletters for last school year here.